We invite you to join our Festival of Flash Fanfiction by entering our Flash Fanfic contest! Send us your flash fanfic (any transformative work of no longer than 500 words) by 30th April. Shortlisted stories will be published on our website (with the author’s permission) and there will be prizes of a £10 Waterstones voucher for the overall winner and three £5 discount vouchers for any Writing Tree courses for the runners-up. Please read the full terms an conditions below before entering.
Contest Terms & Conditions
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment in Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), Rich Text File (.rtf), or PDF (.pdf) format.
- In your email please ensure you include:
- the title of your story
- a rating (as defined by the Organisation of Transformative Works)
- any warnings or authors’ notes you would like us to include with your story if we share it on our website
- your real name and contact email address, and any pseudonym you would like us to use on our website, if you don’t want us to disclose your real name.
- We will add your email address to our newsletter mailing list unless you ask us not to.
- Authors retain rights to and control over publication of their own work.
- Deadline is 30th April, 2017 midnight GMT. Winners will be notified by 31st May 2017.
- All winning entries (including shortlisted stories) will be posted on the Writing Tree website. All entries will be invited to join the contest collection on Ao3.
- Entries must be in English.
- The competition is international and welcomes all entrants regardless of their nationality.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only manuscripts which are within the 500-word limit will be accepted. This means any story up to and including 500 words. (The title does not form part of the word count.)
- Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.